Updated June 2021
Our top priority at Pettyjohn’s is the safety and the well-being of our clients and our team members. Since the onset of COVID-19, we’ve followed the guidance of federal, state, and local authorities to curb the spread of the infection.
Pettyjohn’s will continue to provide in-plant rug washing and upholstery cleaning services, as well as select in-home services to our clients during this time.
We have provided our technicians and office staff with an Infectious Disease Preparedness and Response Plan along with necessary training to ensure that the proper safety measures and sanitation procedures are always being followed. Our process of cleaning, which can include the use of very hot water and detergent, helps to inactivate viruses and bacteria and sanitize all surfaces we clean.
The President of Pettyjohn’s is in full support of our team making the best choices for their own health and the health of their families. We will only send technicians to your home if we are confident of their well-being and prevention preparedness.
What to Expect At Your Rug Drop-Off
At this time, we are welcoming clients into back into our office! Please do not come into the office if you are not feeling well (we feel this is proper behavior, even despite COVID.)
- Please call our office at 919-556-4641 to confirm your account details prior to arrival. This will facilitate and expedite the drop-off process.
- When you arrive at our facility, Come on into the office and check in! If you prefer to remain in your vehicle, simply HONK and we will come out to greet you.
- If you’re dropping off rugs, we will unload them from your vehicle. *If you have a major concern with your rug, we can unroll it and review it with you, while you are here. Otherwise, an estimate will be provided via email and approval will be required before we begin any work.
- If you’re picking up rugs, you can always call ahead to pay via credit card or have a check ready.
- All paperwork, including invoices and other educational materials, will be sent in a digital format via email.
What to Expect During Your In-Home Service Appointment
According to the CDC, the coronavirus (COVID-19) is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person contact or interaction. To ensure the safety of our customers and employees, we’re taking the following precautions:
- When our technician arrives, he/she will wear a mask unless you request they remove it. We ask that you also follow CDC recommendations.
- Our technicians will wear disposable gloves and shoe covers while in your home. Gloves and Shoe Covers will be replaced after every appointment.
- Our technician will wash their hands as needed.
- Tools used for cleaning are rinsed with water in excess of 200 degrees after every use or wiped with a disinfectant between appointments.
- All paperwork, including invoices and other materials, will be sent in a digital format via email. Please be sure to provide your technician with a valid email address.
Additional Sanitization Measures in our Office
Our entire staff will also be following CDC and OSHA recommended cleaning & sanitization protocols on all “High Touch” surfaces in our office building and vehicles, including:
- Using a disinfectant on tables, desks, countertops, doorknobs, light switches, handles, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks twice a day.
- AS OF NOW, we have returned to our normal practices for in-plant drop-offs and pick-ups. Please check in with the office upon arrival. If you prefer curb side service for dropping off and picking up items to be cleaned, simply honk your horn when you pull into our back parking lot and a team member will come out to assist you.
- We will be implementing additional cleaning protocols that may not be listed on this document as CDC and OSHA sources update their recommendations.